I have to say it makes sense, unless you can buy all organic or locally raised meat, you are probably putting some not so great things in your body. If your like me, you probably can't afford to buy the best of the best all of the time. So I decided to give just cutting some meat out a try. It is actually kind of fun and cheaper, because I have to stretch myself creatively to cook fulfilling meals without meat. I have made an awesome Chipotle-Carrot Kidney Bean Burger that I will be sharing soon. BUT I made these Spinach and Artichoke Mini Bellas with a side of Couscous last night, and we didn't miss the meat at all!! These things are awesome, and they would also be great for a party as an appetizer.
Spinach and Artichoke Mini Bellas
- 6 small Portabella Caps
- 1/2 C Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 6 oz Can of quartered Artichoke Hearts, I usually give them a rough chop
- 1/3 C Chopped Sun dried tomatoes
- 3 oz Light Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, grated (may sub 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 C Parmesan
- Place portabellas in a Ziploc bag with balsamic for up to 30 minutes (at least 10 minutes)
- Preheat Broiler
- Combine spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and mozzarella
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat, place portabellas flesh side down and brown on each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Once browned place cheese mixture in caps, then top with Parmesan
- Place in broiler for 5 minutes, until top is browned enjoy!!
Hey! Please, don't forget to vote for my Gorgonzola B-A-T here: Sandwich Thins® Rolls Recipe Contest