Also I got a job as an Assistant Chef Instructor at The Viking Cooking School at the Factory in Franklin, TN. I took a class there a few years ago and loved it! I have been wanting to be in an environment where I can learn from professional chefs and this the perfect place! Hopefully I can move up to an Instructor position at some point. If you have never been there you should definitely check it out here: Viking Cooking School/Franklin. It would make a great date night or just fun activity with friends.
So for the recipe...
My Pasta Carbonara
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 Tbs EVOO
- 2-3 Green Onions
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup Romano Cheese (Parmesan works too)
- 1/2 Cup Basil or Parsley
- 3/4-1 lb Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti
|Looks like Breakfast huh?!|
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to directions, RESERVING 1 cup pasta water
- Cook bacon in large skillet and reserve 2 tsp bacon grease in skillet, chop bacon and set aside
- Add EVOO to bacon fat, then add in garlic, green onion and red pepper flakes over medium heat, cooking for about 1 minute stirring to prevent garlic from burning
- Add to skillet cooked pasta, along with reserved water, stirring with tongs to coat pasta in flavor
- Turn off heat and add in two beaten eggs, tossing continuously, add cheese and herb of choice as well.
DONE, Serve Immediately...So rich and delicious!