Marcy Jams! Marcy is Murfreesboro lady who has her own Jam making business. And these are not your ordinary jams, she has really come up with some innovative flavors that are absolutely delicious! The Deep Purple Wine Jelly is to die for, and I can't get a enough of the Strawberry Jalapeno-sweet with a kick at the end. I came up with recipes using both of these that really showcase the flavorful jams. I also came up with a Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Red Pepper Jelly Pizza that is quick, easy and the perfect snack food for your next party!
You will find all these recipes as well as more information on Marcy Jams on her website at www.marcyjams.com. Also be sure to stop by the Rutherford County Farmers Market or the Main Street Saturday Market to sample some of Marcy Jams and pick out your favorites!
Pork Tenderloin with Marcy Jam Wine Jelly and Caramelized Onion Sauce
This is an elegant main dish that is really simple to make. It would even be a perfect holiday dish with the sweet and savory flavors. The sauce would also work with Grilled Pork Chops.
- 1-1 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Tbls Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce
- ½ Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Marcy Jams Deep Purple Wine Jelly
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat Grill to Medium heat
- Rub pork with Rosemary, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and Oil, let sit for 10 minutes or up to 2-3 hours
- Place Pork on the grill and rotate every 5-6 minutes, until pork has cooked a total of 18-20 minutes, remove from heat and let rest about 5 minutes before slicing
- While Pork cooks place 1 tbls of Oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add Onions and a pinch of salt, cook for 10-12 min or until onions have turned golden
- Add Jelly, Lemon Juice, Dijon, Salt and Pepper, then reduce over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Once pork has been sliced, pour half of sauce over the pork and serve the remaining sauce on the side for serving
Strawberry Jalapeno-Yogurt Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
These muffins are addicting, and they pack a little sweet heat! Perfect for a brunch or a Saturday morning treat.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Strawberry-Jalapeño Marcy Jam
- Preheat oven to 375, spray muffin tin with nonstick spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl with a whisk
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt, oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined, then stir in jam until incorporated throughout the batter-do not over mix
- Distribute batter evenly in muffins tins and bake for 15-18 minutes