I love to make stir fry, because it is so versatile, it's quick cooking, and it's healthy! If you love to go to those "make your own stir fry" places in town, you will love this recipe! As always, you can change up the veggies and protein in this dish to whatever you prefer, maybe broccoli for the snow peas, or shrimp for the chicken. No rules here!
Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Orange Bell pepper (any color will work)
- 3 Green Onion, chopped
- 6 oz Snow Peas, no chopping required
- 4 oz Shitake Mushrooms, any variety you prefer will work
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, cut in thin strips
- 1 Tbls Canola Oil
- 2 Tbls Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbls Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock or Water
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Prep all of your veggies first
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken, place in a wok or large skillet over med high heat in oil and toss until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet throw in all of the veggies, tossing about 2 minutes until softening begins
- Then add in soy sauce, hoisin, and water (or stock) toss to coat while cooking another couple of minutes until veggies are to desired tenderness.
- Lastly add chicken back in to heat up and coat with sauce.
Serve with Brown Rice (instant works fine!)