For the "Corny" Chicken Taquitos
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 lb Chicken Breast, cooked
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil or Canola
- 1 Cup Corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese or Mexican
- Canola Oil
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees and spray 1 large cookie sheet with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, green onions, cumin, chili powder, juice of one lime, salt, and cilantro
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add corn and garlic, saute for 5-6 minutes, then add the corn into chicken mixture.
- Heat tortillas wrapped in paper towel in the microwave for 1 minute
- Brush tortillas with oil and place 1 large tablespoon of filling into each tortilla, top with a little cheese. Wrap tightly and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with Avocado Salsa (recipe below)
Avocado Salsa Recipe
Mix together 2 chopped avocado, 1 chopped green onion, 1 chopped tomato, 1 minced garlic clove, juice of 1 lime, and 1/4 tsp salt. Toss gently and serve.