Have you heard, I got a new web site?! I am still going to be updating my blog with my new recipes for the time being. But you have to check out www.AprilMcKinney.com for my new youtube channel, updated recipe index, and all kinds of other fun stuff.
Now onto this soup, it's actually a soup with quinoa! I love that it is comfort food that is satisfying but also good for you. I used Shrimp in this recipe, but you could also use chicken. Just cube it up raw and add it in the soup with the quinoa, and it will cook through in the broth. Delicious!
Also, I'm trying to make a little cash with all this recipe stuff, so if you enjoy my recipes or just going to my site, I would really appreciate it if you would "like" my Facebook Page and hit the Subscribe button on my Youtube Channel (the button is to the right of the title on the Channel)
Thanks for all of the support!!
Cajun Shrimp and Quinoa Soup
- 1 Tbls Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Carrot, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Quart Chicken or Seafood Stock
- 1 Tbls Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 12 oz Shrimp, whole or chopped
- Salt and Peper, to taste
- Optional Tortilla Chips
- Soften onion, carrot, celery, garlic, pinch of salt, and pepper in a large soup pot over medium heat for 8 minutes
- Next add in the tomatoes, stock, and cajun seasoning, bring to a boil,
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer add in quinoa and Shrimp and cover for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is tender.
- Taste for salt and pepper, serve with tortilla chips if desired